There are a couple of fantastic projects that are happening at Newberg High School. One is the creation of a mental wellness center. The other is the building of an Agile Learning Lab. For the first project, we found a few motivated, smart community partners and gave them access and got out of the way. We were stalling on getting the Agile Learning Lab going because the typical, busy school year, and then after having conversations with students about the lab, one student stepped forward – with passion and an incredible skill set. That student invited a crew of friends to help out and got to work taking apart the computer lab that was there, reorganizing the space, expanding the vision for the lab and adding new ideas, and ordering equipment. All it takes is inviting, empowering, and getting out of the way of our students to witness the incredible things that they can accomplish.
- Register for Breakaway – An Introduction to Design Thinking for Teachers
- Register for School Retool Fall 2019 Cohort (Portland Metro)
- Construct & Innovate Oregon Partnership
- The Future of Health & Wellness Student Design Challenge
- Dallas Makes: Students Connecting With Dallas Retirement Residents Through Technology!